National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning
NPTEL Swayam Portal
- SWAYAM is a program that is initiated by the Government of India. It is designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy that are access, equity, and quality.
- The main motive to launch this website is to take the best teaching-learning criteria to all over the country.
- Courses can be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time.
- All the courses are interactive and prepared by the best teachers in the country. Also, all of the courses are free of cost.
Objective of Swayam
- The main objective behind launching the Swayam scheme is to create appropriate content of course up to post-graduation level.
- To make a single online platform for running and hosting thousand of courses.
- Online examination will conduct and certificates will be awarded to the learners.
- Recommend institutions on swayam courses for Choice Based Credit System.
- To address the requirements of students who are studying in universities and colleges.
Benefits of Swayam
The objectives of Lifelong Learning and Extension are outlined below for making education relevant to real life situations:
- To serve as an intellectual intervention in the community’s living problems which need to be overcome through an educational process.
- To develop among students a sense of responsibility towards society.
- To design programs that will help students to face life and its challenges and thus create an ambience for a learning society.
- To deepen the teachers’ and students’ knowledge through a wider exposure to real life situations through a variety of programs.
- To prepare students for a greater social commitment.
- To enhance student employability skills.
- To cater to the needs of the unreached for promoting knowledge-based society.
The learner is not required to pay any kind of fees for the registration. The courses provided under the Swayam portal are free of cost. But all those learners who want to get a certificate after completing their courses have to pay a certain amount of fees. The candidates who want to get a certificate have to be registered on the Swayam portal and the certificate will only be awarded to those students who are registered on the portal and have paid the fees.